I am in love with my Slow Cooker. I really am. I consider Sally the Slow Cooker to be one of my best friend’s. She never let’s me down. Especially with this recipe.
Dust off your Slow Cooker and get ready to make an amazing meal! This roast is melt- in- your mouth- magical- goodness. The incrdible smells coming from the kitchen was a good indication of how delicious this roast would be.
But every time you take a bite of the roast, you have to say MMMM and just shake your head, because you can’t believe that you just made an incredible meal. Serve it with Mashed Potatoes and sauteed Swiss Chard. THE BEST!!
Plus this roast makes some of the best gravy ever! We were pooling it into our mashed potatoes like there was no tomorrow, but there is a tomorrow, and you will be so happy you have leftovers!
Slow-Cooker Herbed Balsamic Pork Roast
Serving Size: 7-10 slices Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 4-8 hours
- 1 Pork Roast (3-5 lbs)
- ½ cup + 2 tbs Balsamic Vinegar
- ⅓ cup Honey
- 2 tsp Rosemary (Dried) ( I didn't have Rosemary, so I used Provencal Spices)
- ½ tsp Thyme (Dried)
- 2 Bay Leaves (Or 1 tsp of Thyme)
- 2 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- Place pork roast in the slow cooker.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and pour over roast.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 4-6, depending on the size of the roast. (I put mine in frozen and cooked it on low for 8 hours).
- Remove the cooked roast from the slow-cooker.
- Cover and keep warm.
- Pour the remaining sauce from slow cooker into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Let it reduce by about half.
- Slice the roast and pour the sauce over top.
Recipe adapted from The Home Journalist.com
LINKED UP TO SIMPLE SUPPER TUESDAY