CARAMEL PECAN BARS
Author: Moore or Less Cooking
Recipe type: Bars
Serves: 4 dozen
Easy delicious holiday bars!
- 1 cup butter
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Confectioner's sugar, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine butter and sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and vanilla. Gradually add hot sugar mixture, stirring constantly.
- Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spread into a greased 13 inch x 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs and edges are crisp.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Dust with confectioners sugar if desired.
- Cut into bars.
- Yield 4 dozen.