Maine temperatures have been freezing! We are having a wind chill advisory and schools are cancelled. You know what makes me feel better after watching the snow fall and the ice storms?? A big bowl of Chili! This chili has a kick to it so I served it over pasta. It warms your bones after a big snowstorm!
Slow Cooker White Bean Chili
- Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 large can Peeled Plum Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- 1 can Whole Green Chiles, chopped
- 1 can Cannellini Beans ( white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 lb pasta cooked Al Dente
- In a saute pan over medium heat, add olive oil.
- Add onions, garlic and bell pepper, saute until soft and fragrant.
- Add ground beef, saute until brown, drain fat.
- Add vegetables and beef to crock pot, add rest of the ingredients.
- Set on Low for 7-8 hours or on High for 4-5 hours.
- Serve over pasta.
- Serves 8-10