It is soup weather here in Maine, and what is a better accompaniment than cornbread? Honey Cornbread muffins in fact. Served hot with butter and honey! These are delicious, not too sweet and moist. This recipe makes 18 delicious muffins. I find that my kids tend to grab them for a snack much easier than cutting a slice of cornbread.
[yumprint-recipe id=’2′]Linked up: The Weekend Social
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ stick unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, melted butter, vanilla and honey until well blended.Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir until just blended.
- Pour batter into greased or lined muffin pan.
- Filling ½ full.
- Bake 13-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes 18 muffins.
The links in this post contain affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link.