Incredible Low Carb Onion Rings that are GUILT free! Flavorful and tender, better than any fast food onion rings and they are good for you!Have you tried cooking or baking with Coconut Flour? I love it! I have been experimenting with lots of recipes and this is my first one that was a success. I was a bit skeptical but when I read that it was low carb, I had to try it. For those with dietary restrictions, you are in luck here!
Hubs looks forward to Vidalia Onion season. He bought a 15-pound bag! He keeps me on my cooking toes…remember the 70-pound bag of potatoes??? So, I had to come up with some yummy onion recipes. These onion rings are lightly battered and quickly fried. Hubs said they are the BEST onion rings that he has ever eaten. Wow…I don’t get compliments like that…ever!!
Slice up one whole Vidalia Onion.Only a couple ingredients are needed for these Low Carb Onion Rings: onions, eggs, parmesan cheese, coconut flour, cayenne pepper and vegetable oil ( Not shown)
I was too busy sauteing to get any pictures, but give it a try and send me a picture on Instagram if you make them! These low carb onion rings are perfect for a Cookout!
- 1 large Vidalia onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil for frying
- Heat oil in a large saute pan.
- Beat egg in a shallow bowl. Combine the coconut flour, parmesan, garlic powder, cayenne and salt in a shallow bowl.
- Slice up onion to a thickness of ½ an inch and break up the rings making a big pile. Add the onion rings to the beaten egg and mix thoroughly until well coated. Soak onions in the egg for a minute, and then in small batches dip in the coating and then into the hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown and then turn with tongs to brown the other side. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to soak up oil.
See more #CookoutWeek Recipes:
This year, we’ve got something special to celebrate! We joined forces with around 50 of our blogging friends to bring you #CookoutWeek!
It’s super easy to enter, and one lucky winner will get:
- Char-Broil American Gourmet 600 Series Charcoal Grill (see specs here!)
- Edmond Fallot Dijon Mustard, French Farm Butcher Salt Box, & Confit of Figs & Balsamic Vinegar from The French Farm
- Sauce 3-Pack (Ketchup, BBQ, Veracha) from True Made Foods
- Wimpy’s BBQ Rub, Dilly Dust Seasoning, and Cheryl’s Jamaican Me Hungry Seasoning from Swine Dining
- A Perfect Pickler Kit from Perfect Pickler
- A gift basket of products from Fungus Among Us
- A gift bag of products from Dr. Praeger’s Sensible Foods
- All Natural Boneless Duck Breasts, Fully Cooked Roast Half Ducks w/Orange Sauce, Duck Bacon, Duck Wing Drummettes from Maple Leaf Farms
It’s pretty much everything you need to host an awesome cookout this summer. It’s a prize pack worth over $300! Thank you so much to all of the wonderful sponsors listed above, who have made #CookoutWeek possible.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Here’s the full list of participating bloggers:
The PinterTest Kitchen • 2 Cookin’ Mamas • A Day in the Life on the Farm • addicted 2 recipes • Aimee Broussard & Co. • Amy’s Cooking Adventures • Angels Home Sweet Homestead • Bakin’ and Eggcerpts • Balancing Motherhood • Body Rebooted • Cheese Curd In Paradise • Cindy’s Recipes and Writings • Cook With 5 Kids • Cook. Craft. Love. • Cookaholic Wife • Cricket’s Confections • Crumb: A Food Blog • Eat, Drink, Be Healthy! • Everyday Eileen • Fairyburger • Food Parsed • Get the Good Stuff! • Goodie Godmother • Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks • Home in the Finger Lakes • Jennifer Cooks • Jessie Weaver • Kate’s Recipe Box • Life on Food • Little House Big Alaska • Little Scratch Kitchen • Making Miracles • Moore or Less Cooking • Rhubarb and Honey • Savvy In The Kitchen • Seduction in the Kitchen • Simple Food 365 • Style Island • Thanks for Cookin’! • The Food Hunter’s Guide To Cuisine • The Hungary Buddha Eats the World • The Spiffy Cookie • The Weekday Gourmet • This is How I Cook • Tramplingrose • Vintage Kitty • West Via Midwest