|Butter dense chewy bread. Sprinkle garlic powder or add pressed garlic to butter, top with Parmesan Cheese.|
|Place on baking sheet to prevent dripping in the oven. Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.|
|This is an easy recipe that is moist and delicious. The cranberries are full of flavor and the clementines add the perfect zest in addition to the almonds crunchiness, great combination.|
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup clementine juice ( about four clementines)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated clementine peel
- 1 egg well beaten
- 1 ½ cups cranberries
- ½ cup sliced dry toasted unsalted almonds
- Ingredients for glaze:
- ¼ cup confectioners sugar
- 3-4 teaspoons clementine juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Stir in juice, oil, clementine peel and beaten egg.
- Mix until blended.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely.
- Drizzle glaze over bread.
- Makes one loaf.
- Method for Glaze:
- Add juice 1 teaspoon at a time to sugar until a glaze consistency appears.
Banana Chocolate Nut Bread
You say Bananas- I say Bananas. Why is it? Sometimes the bananas get scarfed up, sometimes they are left to ripen? Well today I had very ripe bananas and on those days when there is a cool fall-ish summer breeze…. I hear the sound of the Banana fairies giggling for me to make banana bread with melting gooey chocolate, it is almost like a cake, but it is called bread. It’s delicious cake bread- not to be confused with my favorite wine and much cheaper….
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of mashed bananas ( 3 large )
- 3/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup Ghiradelli 60% semisweet chocolate bar broken up
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- Grease loaf pan, with shortening.
- Mix sugar, bananas, oil and eggs with a wooden spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into pan.
- Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean, 60- 70 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes, then loosen sides of loaf pan and remove from pan. Let cool completely before slicing.
- Makes 1 loaf.
Adapted from the Alpha Bakery, a Children’s Cookbook
Summer in Maine! I really appreciate the warm days in Maine. I didn’t appreciate it when I lived in L.A., everyday was a warm day. No sir, I didn’t and I am sorry for that. But boy- oh – boy, let me tell you how beautiful it is here. It seems like everyone from the South is visiting for a reprieve from the hot sticky weather. Coastal Maine has cool sea breezes, low humidity, and my basil plants are bursting!
So I made Easy Caprese Bread.
- Buffalo Mozzarella
- Olive Oil
- Grey Salt
- Provencal Spice
- Slice baguette into thin slices.
- Slice mozzarella into thin slices.
- Slice tomato into thin slices- I see a pattern here!
- Place a slice of bread on platter, then a slice of tomato, then a slice of mozzarella. Top with a piece of basil.
- Crush garlic on top of Caprese Bread.
- Drizzle Olive Oil.
- Combine grey salt and Provencal spices and crush with your fingers over the top.
- Repeat the process to make as many Caprese Bread as you like, one platter or two, depending on how many people you are serving.
Grey Salt from Provence, France
Caprese Bread with a bottle of Cellardoor Winery’s Chardonnay. Art Label by artist R. Kirk Moore.
A favorite Summer Flower. Black Eyed Susan’s..
I hear the birds singing, the pan sizzling, my mouth is watering. Just thinking about all the yummy recipes that I can make with this Rustic Panne. First things first, so French Toast here I come!
- 3 eggs
- 1cup milk
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 6 slices of bread
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Butter ( for your skillet)
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar ( Optional)
- Beat eggs
- Add milk, sugar, salt and cinnamon
- Heat skillet, add a Tbsp of butter
- Dip bread into egg batter on both sides
- Brown in skillet
- Serve with maple syrup and a shake of powdered sugar