We eat a LOT of Mac and cheese, no seriously, a lot. I usually double the recipe because there are always a lot of kids at my house and everyone loves a bowl of mac and cheese and they always go back for a second helping.
This recipe comes from The Two Bite Club. I am always trying out different recipes and using the kids as my tasters to vote for which recipe they like best, this one was inhaled and it looked like the dishes were licked clean. I think that is a great indicator.
- 16 oz Rigatoni, cooked and drained
- 1 lb sharp Orange cheddar cheese, sliced into ¼ inch thick slices
- 5 tsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer ingredients in the following order: half of the macaroni, half of the cheese, the remaining macaroni, followed by the remaining cheese.
- Top with sliced butter.
- Pour milk over layers until the milk fills the dish about ¾ of the way full or until you just see the milk coming through the macaroni when you're looking at it from the top.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 50 minutes to one hour or until the top is golden and bubbly. Let sit 10-15 minutes before serving. Serve with warmed stewed tomatoes.