Once in a great while I will make this per request of my family. I stress the words, once in a great while, but seriously, it is a creamy Italian Heaven. You can use Cream or half and half, I have tried this recipe with both and the results are delicious.
Serve with sauteed mushrooms and my recipe for Easy Pizza Puffs with pesto!
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 1/2 cups light or heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- pinch nutmeg
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
Cook the fettuccine noodles in boiling salted water following package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, bring the cream just to the boiling point. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
Drain the fettuccine well and add to the cream in the sauté pan. With the pan over medium heat, toss well and add butter pieces, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and 1 cup of Parmesan cheese.
Toss again while heating through.
- 1 pound fettuccine ( I prefer freshly made pasta if available)
- 1½ cups half-and-half ( or cream )
- 5 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- pinch nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine noodles al dente in boiling salted water.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, bring half-and-half just to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, keep stirring for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add fettuccine to half-and-half in skillet.
- Over medium heat, toss well and add butter pieces, nutmeg, pepper, and ¾ cup of the Parmesan cheese.
- Toss again while heating through. add more grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from About.com Southern Food
This post has been linked up to these parties: