Pineapple Bundt Poke Cake
Poke cakes are so delicious and fun to make. If you love moist delicious cakes, then this cake is for you.
It finally feels like Spring here in Maine with 75 degrees temperature, so I am not complaining at all. Lunches on the bay, with a cool breeze. Happy Hours on the weekends with friends, I can feel summer right around the corner.
I hope you love my YOUTUBE Video for easy to follow instructions. Please follow me on YOUTUBE for all of my delicious videos!
Other cakes that you may enjoy!
- 1 20 oz.can Crushed Pineapple
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Package Instant Vanilla Pudding ( 4 serving size)
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Vanilla Bean Pod, split in half, vanilla scraped with spoon or 1TBSP Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- Confectioners Glaze: Combine ½ cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon cold milk; whisk until completely combined. Cover with plastic wrap until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 12-cup bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Drain pineapple; measure ¾ cup juice to use with cake mix.
- Reserve remaining juice for the soaking mixture.
- Beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil and ¾ cup pineapple juice in large bowl with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Scrape half of a vanilla bean pod; combine with cake batter or mix 1 tablespoon vanilla extract into the cake batter.
- Fold in crushed pineapple.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 38 to 42 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Soaking Mixture:
- Combine remaining pineapple juice, powdered sugar and melted butter in a small bowl while the cake is baking.
- Scrape the other half of vanilla bean pod and mix with juice mixture or stir in remaining 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
- Remove cake from oven and set on a wire rack.
- Poke holes in cake with skewer at ½-inch intervals while still hot and in the pan.
- Pour soaking mixture over cake (NOTE: if soaking mixture begins to pool, poke additional holes). Allow to cool in pan 30 to 40 minutes, then flip cake upside down onto serving platter; remove pan. Cool completely then drizzle with Confectioners Glaze, if desired.