Hubs just loves pot roast. If we are at a restaurant and it is on the menu, he will order it.
I always thought it was so complicated to make and would be dried out. This recipe is far from being complicated and the meat is moist and tender.
The great thing is you can use your slow cooker and set it and forget it. Just wait until your family walks through the door, your house smells so great!
For this recipe you don’t want a very expensive cut of meat, let your slow cooker do all the work. Cooking it slowly breaks down the meat and makes it fall apart and juicy. I chose a Chuck Roast, it was on sale. But you can choose your favorite cut of meat.
Add veggies in the last 1 1/2 hours of cooking the pot roast. Serve over mashed potatoes.
Tender and flavorful slow cooker pot roast. Just set it and forget it!
- 3 pound Chuck Roast
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 3 carrots sliced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup water
- Place beef pot roast in slow cooker and sprinkle with Lipton onion soup mix and garlic.
- Pour water over pot roast.
- Cook on low 8 to 10 hrs or until tender.
- Add carrots and celery during the last 1 1/2 hours.
- Take out pot roast and veggies, serve on platter. Reserve juices.
- For Gravy: In a small saucepan, add two tablespoons butter, melt, add 1 tbsp flour, stir until golden brown. add juices from roast, stir until thick. Pour over pot roast. Serve hot.
Serving Size2 slices
Amount Per Serving Calories 559 Total Fat 35g Saturated Fat 14g Trans Fat 2g Unsaturated Fat 18g Cholesterol 188mg Sodium 305mg Carbohydrates 5g Fiber 1g Sugar 2g Protein 57g