I get serious cravings for chili when the weather gets cooler. It has been raining like crazy, so I thought I would make a slow cooker chili. OOHWEE! this is the best chili….evah! I like my chili with beans, but you can leave them out if you like, but they are soooo good! I like my chili with chopped onions and shredded cheese on top!
Spices : Chili powder, Ground Cumin, Salt, Sugar, Black Pepper
Chopped Peppers and Onions
Brown onions, garlic, ground beef and peppers
Tomato Sauce, beans, Beer, Olive oil, Chipotle pepper
Place all ingredients in slow cooker
Cook on Low for 6-8 hours or on High for 3-4 hours.
This is the best slow cooker chili and so easy to make!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) Black beans, rinsed and draines
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 cup beer
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef, onion and garlic and cook for about 7-10 minutes or until the beef is completely browned. Drain fat.
- Add yellow and red pepper, saute for 2 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables and beef into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, onion and garlic and cook for about 7-10 minutes or until the beef is completely browned, crumbling the beef with a spoon as it cooks. Drain fat. Then transfer the beef into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours. Taste, and season with additional salt and pepper or seasonings if need be.
- Serve warm with optional toppings.
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, tortilla chips or strips, thinly-sliced green onions, sour cream, salsa.