My favorite dessert is a Cannoli. The closest Italian bakery is about 4 hours from us, so If I want a cannoli, I better make them myself. I decided to make Pop’s a Cannoli Poke Cake for his birthday! This cake is like taking the filling of a cannoli and spreading it over a cake! It’s a light fluffy white cake with creamy mascarpone and ricotta frosting with mini chocolate chips sprinkled all over. A delicious birthday cake!
Make a white cake from a box or scratch. I was in a hurry and used a box mix.
When cake is completely cooled, using chop sticks, poke holes in the cake.
Pour half of a can of sweetened condensed milk over cake, spread with a spatula.
Make frosting with ricotta, mascarpone, vanilla, and powdered sugar.
Spread frosting over cake.
Sprinkle chocolate chips over cake.
Sprinkle powdered sugar over cake.
Slice cake immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 can 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- powdered sugar for dusting
- According to directions, prepare a white cake mix in a 9 x 13 inch cake pan.
- When cake is done, allow to cool completely on a cake rack.
- Using a chop stick, poke holes in cake about 1 inch apart. You should have rows of poke holes in the cake.
- Pour ½ of the can of condensed milk over the cake, using a spatula to smooth it out.
- In a large bowl, mix ricotta, mascarpone,vanilla and the rest of sweetened condensed milk, beating until smooth with a hand mixer.
- Add the powdered sugar until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the frosting over the cake.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over cake.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on cake.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe adapted from Family Fresh Meals
Check out our Sunday Tastemakers Feast! I love everything Italian and am excited to try so many of these delicious recipes! Mangia!! Good eats!! Nettie
- Cacio e Uova Meatless Recipe from She Loves Biscotti
- Gnocchi alla Romana from Tramplingrose
- Italian Rice Balls from My World Simplified
- Rosemary Focaccia from Curious Cuisiniere
- Tomato Caprese with Burrata from Casa de Crews
- Asparagus and lemon risotto from Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Braised Italian-Style Beef Short Ribs from Hardly A Goddess
- Bruschetta Chicken from Meal Planning Magic
- Bucatini with Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce from The TipToe Fairy
- Orechietti with Broccoli Rabe and Shrimp from Delaware Girl Eats
- Cheesy Gnocchi and Sausage Bake from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Classic Vodka Sauce from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Fast Faux-Baked Ziti from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Florentine Pizza from A Mind Full Mom
- Gluten Free Meatballs with Homemade Sauce from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Green and Yellow Artichoke Tortellini with Mushrooms, Pancetta and Spring Peas with White Wine Reduction from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Grilled Chicken Pesto Panini from Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Mushroom Bolognese Pasta Recipe from Life Tastes Good
- Parma Rosa Baked Ziti from Palatable Pastime
- Pasta Con Sarde a Mare – Pasta with Sardines at Sea from Caroline’s Cooking
- Pasta e Fagioli from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Penne with Sausage in Creamy Boursin Cheese Recipe from Feeding Big and more
- Pesce all’Aqua Pazza from Monica’s Table
- Polenta-Crusted Italian Sausage Pies from Wholistic Woman
- Pumpkin Agnolotti from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Shrimp Fra Diavolo from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Slow Cooker Lasagna from Food Lust People Love
- Stuffed Ravioli in Alfredo Sauce from The Freshman Cook
- Tuscan Kale Pesto Risotto from Cooking Chat
- Tuscan Porterhouse with Balsamic-Rosemary Steak Sauce and Seared Radicchio from The Texan New Yorker
- Tuscan Style Chicken Breasts from Simple and Savory
- Zuppa Toscana from Momma’s Meals
- Italian Berries, Mascarpone and Marsala Budini from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Berry Tiramisu from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cannoli Poke Cake from Moore or Less Cooking
- Cherry Walnut Biscotti from Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Tiramisu from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Fiordilatte Gelato from Manu’s Menu
- Italian Cream Cheesecake from The Crumby Cupcake
- Lemoncello Tiramisu from The Redhead Baker
- Limoncello Cookies from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Orange and Almond Ricotta Cheesecake from Pine Needles In My Salad
- Panna Cotta with Fresh Berries from The Chef Next Door
- Salame al Cioccolato (Chocolate Salami) from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Strawberry Panna Cotta from From Gate to Plate
- Tiramisu Semifreddo from Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Wine and Cheese Chocolate Muffins from What Smells So Good?
- Zabaglione Gelato from Magnolia Days
- Bicerin (Italian Coffee) from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Limoncello from Our Good Life
- Liquore all’Alloro from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sgroppino (Frothy Italian Sorbetto Cocktail) from The Wimpy Vegetarian
And Artichoke Torta plus More Recipes for Italian Fest from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement