Summer tomatoes- they are abundant now and I have all kinds of ideas for them. Since I have a lot of eggs and a lot of veggies- a quiche sounds delightful! I love quiche! Yes quiche for breakfast, for lunch, for brunch, for dinner and for a snack.Okay- I am getting carried away since I am the only one in my family that is going for that idea- but hey I can dream right??? I also have Swiss chard that I steamed for last night’s dinner. Plus some yummy potatoes that I cubed and baked with olive oil and sea salt. You can use anything that you like for a quiche- experiment- see what combinations you like.
This serves 8-10 small slices, 6-8 large slices.
Perfect for a party- your guests will swoon- I was swooning when it came out of the oven- I love it warm and oozing with cheese.
Serve your quiche with a garden salad for lunch or dinner, fresh fruit for breakfast or brunch.
Easy Summer Quiche
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion minced sauteed
- 1/2 cup Swiss chard steamed
- 1/4 cup cubed potatoes cooked
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie crust
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs well beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Over medium- low heat melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onions, Swiss chard and potatoes. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft. Spoon vegetables into crust and sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until center has set and is golden brown.
Adapted from Allrecipes.com
R.Kirk Moore artist
Wednesday 14th of September 2011
I love this quiche!