I am on a coconut kick! These cookies are so light and buttery and coconut-y delicious. Almost like a shortbread, but thinner. This recipe makes 72 cookies, which is great because they disappeared quickly. Keep a roll in the fridge, cut them up and bake when you have a cookie party to go to, or a Christmas party. These will be your new favorite cookie, I promise, they are that good!!
- 3½ cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Combine all ingredients except coconut in large bowl.
- Beat at low speed with a hand mixer, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Stir in coconut.
- Divide dough in half; shape each half into a 12x2-inch log.
- Wrap each log in plastic food wrap; refrigerate for at least 2 hours until firm.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cut logs into ¼-inch slices.
- Place 2 inches apart onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to cooling rack.
Recipe from Land O Lakes
Linked up to these parties!