Griddlecakes The amount of milk that is used will determine how thick the griddlecakes are. Start with the smaller amount, then add more if too thick. Use room temperature milk for best results. Do not over beat, a few lumps in the batter is fine. Serve with warm maple syrup.
You say Hotcakes, I say Griddlecakes, you say pancakes, who cares! Just don’t be late for breakfast!
- 1/2-3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup blueberries ( fresh or frozen)
- butter for the griddle
- Beat the milk, butter, and egg lightly in mixing bowl.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt and add all at once to the first mixture, stirring just enough to dampen the flour. Add Blueberries.
- Lightly butter a griddle or frying pan and set over moderate heat.
- For small griddlecakes drop 2 tablespoons of the batter on the pan.
- Bake on the griddle until the cakes are bubbly on the top and undersides are lightly browned.
- Turn with the spatula and brown the other sides.
- Place finished griddlecakes on a warm plate in a 200*F oven until there is enough to begin serving.
- Makes 16 Griddlecakes