I am a Brand Ambassador for Cabot Creamery. I received coupons to try their products. I have used the unsalted butter and Low Fat Vanilla Greek Style Yogurt for this recipe. All opinions are my own.
I am saying good bye to winter recipes and hello to SPRING! A group of bloggers and I are posting our MARCH MADNESS round up today. What are your favorite spring recipes? Driscoll Strawberries are on sale, so it made me excited for Spring weather. It just so happens that Strawberry Shortcake is hubs very favorite dessert, I thought he would love this flavorful fresh strawberry cake. Although when I opened the Lowfat Vanilla Greek Yogurt to take a taste, my taste buds started to sing. I was in trouble, I couldn’t stop eating this amazing yogurt, I needed to make a cake! Willpower set in!
Make sure your eggs and butter are at room temperature. I microwaved the butter at 30 second intervals, so that it would be soft. A trick for room temp eggs is to place them in a bowl of warm water.
Moist and delicious fresh strawberry cake with a glaze.
Ingredients: Cabot Unsalted Butter, eggs, flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, Cabot Greek Vanilla Yogurt, Driscoll Strawberries, lemon, powdered sugar.
Mix dry ingredients with a whisk. Set Aside.
Using a hand mixer, mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Love the rich color and taste of the Cabot butter.
Add fresh squeezed lemon juice to the creamed sugar and butter mixture. Blend well. Add one egg at a time, mix well each time.
Alternating the dry ingredients and the yogurt, starting with the dry ingredients and ending with the dry ingredients, incorporate well.
Add chopped strawberries to the batter. Gently fold them into the batter.
Add batter to a prepared Bundt Pan
I used my non stick Rose Bundt Pan for this cake.
Insert a toothpick or knife to check that the cake is done. It will come out clean and no batter will stick to the knife After 70 minutes, the cake is done.
Wait 20-30 minutes to cool before flipping the cake out of the pan. Nothing worse than a cake sticking and half the cake is released. I still sprayed the pan with PAM even though this is a “Non Stick” pan, it will still stick in some spots if not completely cooled.
After cake is completely cooled, whisk sifted powdered sugar and fresh squeezed lemon juice together to make a lemon glaze. Drizzle on the cooled cake with a spoon.
Fresh strawberries and vanilla yogurt make this cake moist and flavorful.
- For Cake:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 8 ounces Cabot Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 12 ounces fresh strawberries, finely chopped (do not use frozen strawberries)
- 1 cup powdered sugar ( sifted)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and Spray a 10-inch Bundt cake pan with PAM Vegetable Spray.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Spoon the flour into the measuring cup and level off instead of scooping it up and packing it in. This will make a fluffier cake.
- Use an electric mixer on medium high, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add lemon juice and eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Alternately add the dry ingredients and yogurt to the creamed mixture beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Gently fold in the strawberries.
- Pour the batter into Bundt pan.
- Reduce the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 70 minutes or until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to slightly cool before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Icing: Mix together the sifted powdered sugar and lemon juice to desired consistency and drizzle over the top of cooled strawberry yogurt cake with a spoon.
Recipe adapted from Bakerette
Please check out the March Madness Recipes!
Going Ape Over Banana Pudding Cake~ Tampa Cake Girl
Chocolate Mousse Cake ~Hun, What’s for Dinner?
Chocolate Raspberry Roll~ Crumbs in My Mustachio
Lemon Blueberry Puffs with Lemon Whip Cream~ Cooking from a Stay at Home Mom
Corned Beef Pot Pie~The Rowdy Baker
Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake ~ me!
LINKED UP: Simple Supper Tuesday