|My prize! #6 winner, winner. Going to use this certificate for some more raspberries and peaches!Peach Raspberry Crisp Pie Pat in the pan Pastry Crust
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Mix 1 1/3 cups of flour and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Cut in 1/2 cup shortening with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture looks like tiny peas.
- Sprinkle 3 to 4 tablespoons of cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring with a fork after each addition.
- Mix lightly until all flour is moistened and pastry almost cleans side of bowl ( add 1 to 2 teaspoons water if necessary).
- Pat in bottom and up sides of pie pan.
- Press Fork around edges and bottom of pan.
- Bake 15 minutes until golden brown
- 1 Pint raspberries
- 3 large ripe peaches, sliced
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon flour
- In a medium bowl, toss peaches, raspberries, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon flour.
- Place filling on crust.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats ( not quick-cooking)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup ( 1 stick) cold unsalted butter,cut into small pieces
- Turn down oven to 375 F. In a medium bowl, stir together 1/2 cup flour, 1 cup sugar,oats, and salt.
- Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until coarse crumbs form.
- Place topping on top of filling.
- Cover crust with strips of foil so not to burn.
- Bake pie until topping is golden brown and fruit is bubbling, 40- 45 minutes.
- Let cool 20 minutes before serving.
Serves 8. Adapted from Alpha Bakery and Martha Stewart