|This cake is very moist and rich, I used Ghiradelli Double Chocolate Bittersweet Chocolate Chips for this recipe.|
|Here is what you need: butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, baking soda, baking chocolate ( I used both Ghiradelli chips and Ghiradelli baking chocolate), vanilla, pumpkin, pecans, cinnamon ( not shown).|
|Pumpkin Chocolate Cake|
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup (6 ounces) Bitterwseet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin, beating well after each addition.
- Divide batter in half. Stir melted chocolate into one portion. In a well-greased 10-in. fluted tube pan, sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans. Spoon chocolate batter over pecans; top with pumpkin batter. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake at 325° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.This recipe was inspired from Taste Of Home.This post has been linked up to these fabulous blogs!
Sunday 23rd of September 2012
Hi Annie,So happy you love this cake! Thank you for following me, I am coming over to your blog now!Nettie
Saturday 22nd of September 2012
Hi Nettie, This pumpkin chocolate cake is irresistible! I love everything with pumpkin as an ingredient. I joined your blog as a member and look forward to more of your recipes!please support my blog as well! :D
Sunday 16th of September 2012
Penny,Try saving the recipes under your book marks, that's what I do with something I really like.Nettie
Thursday 13th of September 2012
Hi Penny,Not sure how to set that up, have to look into that. Nettie
Wednesday 12th of September 2012
Is there any way to save your recipes into my recipe box?