In case you already don’t know, I am part of The Sunday’s With Joy Baking group on Facebook. Joy The Baker Cookbook is one of my very favorite cookbooks, just ask my friend’s, they will tell you that I rave about it all of the time. To quiet me up, they bought 6 copies for gifts, I guess they got the hint, BIG TIME!
Today I am sharing with you, this delicious Cream Cheese Pound Cake. Pound Cakes are a wonderful, easy cake to bake when you need a quick delicious cake to eat plain or accompanied with fruit and cream.
Besides making Tunnel Of Fudge Cake birthday Cake for hubs this month, which should have been named, “Tunnel Of Love Cake”, I also baked a Cream Cheese Pound Cake, because Strawberry Shortcake is his favorite dessert.
Just add a tablespoon of sugar to a pint of sliced strawberries, let set in the refrigerator for about an hour before spooning over pound cake, with lovely juices, add a dollop of whipped cream. Everyone loves this dessert! Especially my hubby- dub- dubs!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven at 325 F, with the oven rack in the center.
- Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Either in a stand mixer, or a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat cream cheese until soft.
- Add butter and sugar and beat until fluffy, for 3 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and stir until blended, then beat in the eggs one at a time, beating at medium for 1 minute each.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add in the flour mixture and beat until just incorporated.
- Stop mixer and fold together the batter with a spatula.
- Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- After that, rotate the cake, and if it's browning too quickly, move to an upper rack (my oven browns very quickly, but in this case with the pound cake, it tasted amazing browned and caramelized tasting)
- Bake for another 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Linked up to these parties: