var r = document.URL;
I have a LOT of food blogger friends. Not just friends that you write to on facebook and blogs, but friends that you wish you could hang out with if they lived closer.
One of those friends is Monica Mooney, whom I fondly refer to as Moondoggie. She has the food blog, Sweet Heat Chefs, and I think she is wonderful. We belong to a food group where we talk and laugh and cry and talk about all kinds of personal stuff with no judgement, stuff we can talk about such as our blogging, or how do we get more followers or how do you like this recipe or my kid got an award today.
I can’t wait for the day when we can all get together and share a meal and a big bottle of something!! These friends mean a lot to me, like a pen pal but in a group and way better!
So, Chris ( or as I fondly call her Pickles~ yes I fondly have nicknames for the friend’s I love) from Foodthoughtsofawannabechef Blog came up with a brilliant idea to have a food ingredient swap, a secret swap with our Foodie Group.
We all chose an ingredient from our local area and were given a secret friend to send the ingredient to. Monica was given me as her secret swapper…..lucky me!!!…. and she sent me a wonderful Zesty Garlic Seasoning, For Cooking and Dips, All Natural, no salt or sugars, from Bittersweet Herb Farm. Ingredients are: parsley, garlic, chives, onion, lemon peel, herbs and spices.
Well I was thrilled that Monica was my secret pal, she sent it to me in the greatest card, I swear the card burst open with the sunshine that she sent me , it was raining that day in Maine by the way, but not after that!
Inside she wrote how excited she was that I was her secret pal, see what I mean?? I am crazy about Moondog, she is a wonderful person, she can make me spit my coffee all over my computer screen in a split second with her witty comments, I know she will have words of wisdom to bestow upon me or just a great joke!
So I have been wanting to make these amazing, drool worthy, Parmesan Crusted Potatoes that I saw on my friend’s facebook page. Ann, from The Fountain Ave Kitchen’s blog, is a fabulous cook and every time I see these potatoes posted on facebook, I say I really want to try them, they looked simple to make and really delicious.
Well guess what?? They really are, plus I sprinkled the Zesty Garlic Seasoning over the cheese before I placed the potatoes face down to bake. OOOOh! You are going to love this recipe. See what happens when you have such great friends? Great recipes are made!!
Thank you Moondog for my Zesty Garlic Seasoning gift and thank you Ann for always having such amazing recipes, you know how I love the easy one’s!! Thank you Pickles for coming up with another fantastic idea!!
- 4 medium baking potatoes, halved lengthwise ( I used Maine White Potatoes)
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 TBSP Zesty Garlic Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt and a few turns of the pepper mill
- Chives, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat the bottom of a 13×9-baking dish with the olive oil, and then evenly distribute the grated Parmesan over the olive oil. Sprinkle Zesty Garlic Seasoning over the cheese. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Place the potato halves, cut side down, on top of the cheese mixture and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the potatoes are very tender when pierced with the tip of a knife. Precise baking time will depend on the thickness of your potatoes.
- Cool for five minutes before serving. Remove to a platter with a metal spatula, and garnish with snipped chives, if desired. Leftovers are equally delicious reheated in the oven or eaten cold, my son will attest to this!
Recipe from The Fountain Avenue Kitchen