Freshly picked strawberries and rhubarb really pack a punch for this simple-to-make yet incredibly delicious Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp. Make this dessert today with basic pantry ingredients.
This sweet and tart combo with fresh strawberries and rhubarb and an extra-thick buttery oats topping is such a winning recipe.
MAKE A STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRISP
A rhubarb crisp with strawberries is terribly simple to make.
Start off by stirring some sugar into chopped rhubarb and sliced strawberries. Add a little cornstarch to thicken the juices a bit, plus fresh lemon juice and a splash of vanilla.
Then dump the fruit mixture into a large pie dish and cover it with a thick covering of crumble topping. Bake until the fruits are all sweet and gooey and the topping is perfectly crispy.
Storing Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
This crisp can be left out on the counter for a couple of days, then just pop in the refrigerator.
Can This Recipe Be Made Gluten-Free?
Yes! Note: To make this recipe gluten-free, substitute 1 cup of Gluten Free flour for the 1 cup of all-purpose flour and use gluten-free oatmeal, such as Bob’s Red Mill, for the quick-cooking oatmeal.
What Ingredients Are Needed to Make This Crisp?
- 2 cups rhubarb
- 5 cups strawberries
- brown sugar
Combine dry ingredients with sliced strawberries and chopped rhubarb.
Toss fruit until covered.
Pour fruit into pie dish and cover with butter crumble mixture.
Bake until golden brown.
More Rhubarb Recipes
Nettie is a wife and mother who is passionate about cooking and baking. With 5 children, Nettie insists that all meals, snacks, and desserts come together quickly! You will find a wide variety of easy yet scrumptious recipes on her very popular website Moore or Less Cooking
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #mooreorlesscooking so I can see all the wonderful recipes that YOU make from this site! Check out my YOUTUBE with a free email subscription HERE
Follow Mooreorlesscooking on TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN
RATE THIS RECIPE!
Freshly picked strawberries and rhubarb really pack a punch for this simple-to-make yet incredibly delicious Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp.
- For filling:
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped into 1″ pieces
- 5 cups strawberries, hulled and halved (or quartered if large)
- 1 apple, peeled, quartered, and sliced (optional)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- Juice from one large lemon
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- For topping:
- 1½ cups regular rolled oats
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup Coconut
- 1/4 cup nuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the rhubarb, strawberries, apple, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, and a pinch of salt in a 9″ x 13″ baking pan or a large pie dish.
- Toss gently to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, coconut, and nuts.
- Add the butter to the flour mixture and cut in the butter pieces with a pastry cutter, a large fork, or your fingers until the mixture forms coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping over the strawberry rhubarb filling.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 40 minutes until the filling is bubbly and the topping is crisp and browned.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Baker’s Sweetened Angel Flake Coconut (7 oz Bag)
Nature's Eats Pecan Halves, 16 Ounce
365 Everyday Value, Unsalted Butter, 16 oz
Domino Sugar, Granulated, 4LB Canister
King Arthur, Unbleached Cake Flour, 32 Ounce
Anchor Hocking 77922 Fire-King Pie Plate, Glass, 9-Inch
Ifuerte 10-Piece Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons Set
Amount Per Serving Calories 431Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 41mgSodium 156mgCarbohydrates 65gFiber 4gSugar 39gProtein 5g
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Moore or Less Cooking!