This juicy and flavorful Buffalo Blue Cheese Burger has the flavors of the familiar buffalo wings with blue cheese sauce but in burger form. This impressive burger will be a hit at your next BBQ cookout!
Where this epic burger creation is my own for #BurgerMonth 2016, I would love to thank Certified Angus Beef, Cowboy Charcoal, Char-broil, Dreamfarm, Cabot Cheese, Grill Master Club, American Lamb Board, and CuttingBoard.com for the kick butt grill prize packages!
I am so excited to be participating this month in #BurgerMonth. Kita of Girl Carnivore & Pass The Sushi hosts this epic burger event every year and this year we have over 40 fabulous food bloggers sharing epic burgers all throughout the month of May. Not to mention you get to win some seriously great prizes – Don’t forget to scroll down to enter!
My kids are Buffalo Blue Cheese addicts. So I thought making a Buffalo Blue Cheese Burger would blow their mind! It did!! Boy oh boy, nothing like supporting a habit! This is a good one! Homemade Buffalo Sauce, Celery and Blue Cheese and an amazing blue cheese sauce kicks this burger over the top with so much flavor. It’s juicy, spicy, full of great flavors and so delicious!
Buffalo sauce, is a mixture of melted butter and hot sauce and is a big claim to food fame for Buffalo, New York. It’s normally served on fried chicken wings (Buffalo wings), but this burger is a great variation of the theme. The recipe is adapted from How to BBQ Right.com. Michael is an expert in grilling and BBQ and has won many grilling awards! So I just knew his recipe would be over the top amazing and he proved me right! I used #CertifiedAngusBeef for these burgers!
In a bowl, mix burger ingredients really well. Divide mixture into two burger balls. Refrigerate up to an hour. Flatten out into Patties. Place on preheated grill, close lid and cook for 4-5 minutes for each side. Lift the burger a bit before flipping making sure it has grill marks. When burger is done, remove from grill, place on a platter, cover with foil. This let’s the juices redistribute through the meat and makes a very juicy burger.
Make the Creamy Blue Cheese Sauce:
Mix ingredients well, set aside.
Make the Buffalo Sauce:
Melt butter in saucepan, add cholula sauce and honey, turn heat to low, stir ever so often.
Toast bun if you like, the buns I used were fresh out of the oven so I didn’t toast them. Place burger on bun, top with blue cheese sauce. Drizzle two Tbsp of Buffalo Sauce- add more or less hot sauce to your preference.
Serve burgers with lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, pickles.
Don’t you just want a big bite of this amazing burger??
- ⅔ pound Certified Angus Beef
- 4 ounces crumbled Blue Cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- ¼ cup Cholula Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Lawrys Seasoning Salt
- Creamy Blue Cheese Sauce:
- 6 ounces French Blue Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- Buffalo Sauce:
- ½ stick butter
- 4 ounces Cholula Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- Mix meat and add-ons really well and form two equal size meat balls.
- Place the balls in the refrigerator for 45- 1 hour ( keeps the burger from falling apart when grilling)
- After your burger balls have chilled, fire up the grill to a Medium Hot heat.
- Flatten burgers to a patty.
- Place on preheated grill, close lid and cook for 4-5 minutes for each side. Lift the burger a bit before flipping making sure it has grill marks. When burger is done, remove from grill, place on a platter, cover with foil. This let's the juices redistribute through the meat and makes a very juicy burger.
- Creamy Blue Cheese Sauce:
- Mix ingredients well, set aside.
- Buffalo Sauce:
- Melt butter in saucepan, add cholula sauce and honey, turn heat to low, stir ever so often.
- Toast bun if you like, place burger on bun, top with blue cheese sauce.
- Drizzle two TBSP Buffalo Sauce- add more or less hot sauce to your preference.
- Serve burgers with lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, pickles.
Enter this awesome Giveaway! Check out all of these incredible Prizes!!!
- American Lamb Board – (4) ALB prize boxes 5 lbs of ground lamb, an apron and a meat thermometer
- Cabot Cheese – (4) Cabot Cheese Legacy Gift Box – 2 each Farmhouse Reserve, White Oak & Alpine Cheddar – 1 each New York Vintage & Seriously Sharp & 1 Wine Bottle Opener
- Cassabella – Week 3 – 1 Chop ‘N Prep™ Cutting Board with 4 Cutting Mats
- Certified Angus Beef – (4) CAB prize grilling accessory kit, $50 VISA card, and a George Motz Hamburger America cookbook.
- Char-Broil – (4) Char-Broil Performance 780 Charcoal Grill
- Cowboy Charcoal – (4) Hardwood Lump Charcoal, a variety of wood chips and some of Cowboy’s new BBQ sauces.
- Cuttingboard.com – (4) Olive Wood Carver Board
- Dreamfarm – Week 2 – Big Vebo
- Grill Master Club Subscription Grilling Box – (4) curated grill sample boxes
- KitchenIQ -Week 1 – V-etched Container Grater
- Swissmar – Week 4 – Glow 7PC Fondue Set
- Leave a comment: What is your favorite burger topping?
THIS POST IS PART OF THE #BURGERMONTH CELEBRATION HAPPENING ALL MONTH LONG WITH 30 OTHER TALENTED BLOGGERS!! BE SURE TO FOLLOW #BURGERMONTH TO CHECK THEM ALL OUT!
#BurgerMonth 2016 Week 2 Burger Grilling Prize Pack winner was Jefferly L.
Click on Girl Carnivore to see all of the Burgers for #BurgerMonth2016