|Use a good quality chocolate such as Ghiradelli, it has a high oil content which makes it delicious.|
Easy Maine Chocolate Moose ( Mousse)
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 8 servings
This recipe for Easy Chocolate Mousse is equally delicious and versatile. Eat it on it’s own, or layer it in a trifle or cake…it’s a creamy no bake mousse that you will love!
- 3 eggs ( seperated )
- 1 TBSP granulated sugar
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- 6 oz Bittersweet chocolate
- 1 TBSP strong coffee
- In a bowl, whip heavy cream until peaks form, Set aside.
- Chop up chocolate.
- Add butter and chocolate to a bowl, place over a double boiler.
- Add coffee. Remove from stove to cool.
- Stir until blended.
- In a separate bowl whip egg whites until foamy, add sugar. Beat until peak forms.
- To cooled down chocolate mixture, add egg yolks, blend.
- Add ⅓ whipped cream to chocolate mixture, fold.
- Fold in half of egg whites to chocolate mixture, fold in rest of whipped cream, fold in rest of egg whites, gently fold. Pipe Mousse into a pretty glass, refrigerate until ready to serve.