Love baking cookies, these are so easy and wonderful! Great for parties because they are one big bite and everybody goes for these, they are festive and delicious! I always double the recipe because my kids ask if I can save a dozen for home.
MEXICAN WEDDING COOKIES
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar, plus more to dust
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chopped pecans [or walnuts]
- Heat the oven to 400 F
- Thoroughly mix the butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Work in the flour, salt and nuts until a dough forms and holds together. (You want a dry dough.)
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on a cookie sheet brushed lightly with oil.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes until set, but not brown.
- While warm, roll in Powdered Sugar. Cool and roll in sugar again to look like snowballs.