Author: Tara Noland
Recipe type: Bread
Serves: 18-20A deliciously moist and flavorful blueberry muffin.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 4½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk, shaken
- ½ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1½ tsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups blueberries
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners. Preheat oven to 375F.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In another bowl mix together all the other ingredients but the blueberries. Stir the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture using a fork and mix until just blended. Fold in the blueberries and do not over mix!
- Fill the muffin liners until almost full. Bake 20-25 min. until golden brown. Let cool in the pan for 10 and then pop out onto a rack to cool completely.
Adapted from Barefoot Contessa’s Back to Basics cookbook
You can check out more of Noshing with the Nolands and Tara’s recipes by following her on the following social media sites