These are amazing pancakes! You only need one banana, and we always have bananas. Have you ever had a chocolate pancake before? You are in for a treat! Your kids will go crazy for these!
Make a whole batch and freeze them! These are so great for a quick breakfast on the go! Slice a fresh banana on top and you have a delicious breakfast!
These Fluffy Chocolate Banana Pancakes are out of this world yummy! If you haven't given chocolate pancakes a try, what are you waiting for??
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large ripe banana (the riper, the sweeter!)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Additional banana slices, for garnish, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In a small bowl, mash banana.
- Mix in buttermilk, egg, vanilla and vegetable oil until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- The mixture should still be pretty lumpy.
- Spray a large pan with nonstick cooking spray and set to medium heat.
- Cook pancakes until bubbles form on the surface and edges are just cooked, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional minute.
- To keep pancakes warm while cooking, preheat oven to 175 degrees and place cooked pancakes on a cookie sheet or plate.
Recipe adapted from The Food Network, Pancakes and Waffles booklet
Linked up: KC the Kitchen Chopper, Weekend Social