This month I am participating in The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap! I baked 3 dozen Santa Whisker Cookies and sent Three Bloggers one dozen each!
Santa’s Whiskers Cookies
When you donate to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, you are helping fund critically needed childhood cancer research to find safer, more effective treatments for children fighting cancer. Since 2008, Good Cookies like YOU have helped fund dozens of pediatric cancer research grants, resulting in NINE promising new treatments moving to clinical trial, now available to children with cancer.
Now let’s talk about the cookies!
Santa’s Whiskers Cookies! Yummy Shortbread filled with cherries wrapped in toasted coconut! Don’t they look like whiskers? So cute!
Roll the cookie dough in coconut. Place in refrigerator. Cut into 1/4 inch thick, bake until golden brown around the edges, about 10 minutes.
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup maraschino cherries, drained and finely chopped
- ⅓ cup finely chopped pecans
- ¾ cup coconut
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer or KitchenAid on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar.
- Beat until combined, keep scraping sides of bowl.
- Beat in milk and vanilla until combined.
- Beat in flour on low, as long as you can.
- Stir in the remaining flour.
- Stir in cherries and pecans.
- Shape dough into two 8 inch long rolls.
- Roll in the coconut.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 2-24 hours.
- Cut into ¼ inch thick slices.
- Place 1 inch apart on to an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Makes about 60 cookies.
Recipe adapted from Better Homes and Gardens
Thank you to our Brand Partner’s!
The wonderful brand partners, each of whom matches our donation to COOKIES FOR KIDS’ CANCER, dollar for dollar (up to $3000)!
OXO sent me a Good Grips Mini Measuring Beaker Set which I think is wonderful! They remind me of the Sweet wooden Russian Dolls that are stackable.
Here are the wonderful cookies that I received!
Delicious Chocolate Dipped Coconut Shortbread from Greens and Chocolate.
Wonderful Orange Cranberry Cookies from Mixed Blessings Blog
I don’t have a picture of the perfectly delectable Coconut Shortbread Cookies from 6 By 6 Klinger Cooking. My kids ate them before I could snap a picture! That means a lot! They were delicious!