One pan Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken is moist and full of flavor! You can have this wonderful chicken dish on your table in less than 30 minutes!
Let me just tell you that this is such a delicious chicken recipe. The flavors are incredible and you probably have most of the ingredients in your kitchen. It’s a great one pan chicken dish that you will want to make again. My family loved it so much that they were going back for seconds! I used the skin on and bone in chicken, but you can use the skinless, boneless chicken thighs. The time to cook will be a little less than indicated here. Serve with your favorite rice and salad and you have a fantastic meal! Yummy summer flavors!
- 2lbs Chicken Thighs ( skin on and bone in)
- 2-3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth - divided
- ¼ Cup butter
- 6 Garlic Cloves - halved
- ¼ Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp. French Thyme
- 2 teaspoons capers
- Heat olive oil in large non-stick frying pan over medium/high.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper all over chicken thighs.
- Fry chicken in oil until brown. (5-6 minutes each side)
- Remove chicken from pan and reduce heat to medium/low.
- Add ½ cup chicken broth and scrape bottom of the pan to deglaze.
- Add butter and garlic. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan and add the remaining ½ cup chicken broth.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Baste chicken with liquid.
- Remove lid. Add lemon juice and thyme and capers.
- Continue cooking until chicken until fully cooked and no longer pink (about 10 minutes)
Recipe adapted from Wonky Wonderful