Easy strawberry pie full of juicy, ripe berries in a buttery crust.
Oh how I love Summer Strawberries! I think I went a little overboard and bought 6 quarts! My kids love eating strawberries. They could eat buckets of them. I love them on my Greek Yogurt and was so in the mood for a strawberry pie! This pie screams summer! Love it with a buttery crust and lots of whipped cream!What you will need for this yummy Easy Strawberry Pie: Flour, butter, sugar, water, cornstarch, strawberry jello, strawberries.I have a huge collection of pie plates and my kids gave me this gorgeous pie plate for Mother’s Day. I am so happy to be using it for this beautiful pie!
Mix butter, sugar and flour and pat down in your greased deep dish pie plate.Place in over for 10 minutes.In a saucepan, bring water, sugar, and cornstarch to a boil. Remove from heat. Add jello.Fold in strawberries.Pour into pie plate. Place in refrigerator until set. Serve with lots of whipped cream.
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 3 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups water
- 2 cup sugar
- 6 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (6 oz.) package strawberry Jell-O
- 2 quarts strawberries, hulled and cut into quarters
- Mix butter, sugar, and flour and press with fingers into a greased deep pie plate.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Bring water, sugar, and cornstarch to a boil, stirring, until thick and clear.
- Remove from heat; add strawberry Jell-O.
- Mix well and cool.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Store in refrigerator until set.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Recipe adapted from Lemon Tree Dwelling