|Grandma’s Rice Pudding|
Ever wonder what to do with that extra box of rice that you get with Chinese Take – Out? Well, I’ve got
When I first got married, my Mother made a wonderful recipe book for me with all of my favorite family recipes and more. Lots that she hand wrote- like this one, that is love. I have Mom’s recipes, Grandma’s recipes, and my Great Grandma’s recipes. I do cherish them.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK
AND PIN IT!
A good cook always puts all of the ingredients out- that way you are less likely to forget to add something. A French chef will say, ” Mise en place”. All the ingredients are ready. Also, get your bowls and pots and casserole dishes out too!
This is one of the wonderful recipe books that my Mom has made for me.
Beat eggs, add sugar.
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION HERE
Whip it good. Crack that whip—okay I can’t help it, It just comes after, “Whip it good”!
Scald milk, add butter
|Scald, scald, scald, believe me you will be happy when you scald.|
Add milk and butter to egg mixture.
Add that container of rice. Mush it around until all the rice is coated and covered with egg mixture.
Grease your casserole dish, I use a small dish. Note to self- get a manicure.
Pour in the pudding, sprinkle nutmeg.
Place casserole dish in a larger casserole dish, filled with hot water, 1/2 full. Pull your oven rack out halfway before you place this heavy double dish in the oven.
Watch my VIDEO to see how easy it is to make my Grandma’s Rice Pudding!
Easy and delicious comforting rice pudding the way my Grandma made it! Great use of that leftover rice!
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup milk scalded
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg for top
- 1/2 cup raisin- Optional- see Note ( I didn't add raisins- but you may!)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Beat eggs.
- Add sugar, salt, and vanilla to the eggs, and beat.
- Scald milk on medium heat for about 4-5 minutes until you can see heat rising. Add butter to milk and melt.
- Add scalded milk and butter to beaten egg mixture.
- Add cooked rice- mix. Note- If adding raisins, wash raisins before adding to egg mixture
- Sprinkle nutmeg on top.
- Set casserole in a pan of hot water.
- Bake for 45- 60 minutes or until pudding has set.
Adapted from Grandma Billie’s recipes