Fresh Blueberry Cake with a Sour Cream Glaze – this cake is made with freshly picked blueberries for one beautiful cake. It’s a wonderful summer bundt cake that is light and fluffy. This recipe uses a 10-inch bundt pan.
Such a delicious cake. It’s not too sweet and very light, a perfect summer bundt cake. The glaze just puts it over the top, wonderful. This will be your favorite Blueberry Bundt Cake for years to come.
Reasons Why You Will Love This Blueberry Bundt Cake Recipe
- It’s very moist. This bundt cake is super satisfying but has a lightness to it, fluffy, moist, and delicious!
- So Packed with blueberries. This cake is loaded with one and a half cups of blueberries, there’s a sweet and tangy burst in every bite.
- It’s a simple bundt cake recipe. So easy to prep (may take 5 minutes), just kitchen staples are needed.
Ingredients Needed For Blueberry Bundt Cake:
- Vegetable Oil
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Lemon Zest
Recipe notes and tips
- Preheat oven.
- Toss blueberries in 1 cup of flour prior to adding them to the batter, so that blueberries don’t sink to the bottom of the pan.
- Bring ingredients to room temperature so that the batter is smooth.
- Prepare the pan with non-stick baking spray and pour in the batter.
- Place the bundt cake pan on a baking sheet before placing it in the oven. Placing the bundt cake pan on the wire racks may cause the cake to bake unevenly.
- Be careful not to overbeat the batter, just fold in the wet and dry ingredients, alternating in stages.
- Test the bundt cake with a toothpick or wooden skewer to make sure it’s completely dry before removing the cake from the oven. Bake additional minutes for extra cooking if the wooden skewer comes out with wet batter.
- Allow the cake to cool for 5-10 minutes before inverting the pan onto a serving plate.
- Using a plastic knife, go along the edges of the cake gently to pull the cake away from the pan allowing easy removal onto a serving plate.
How to make Blueberry Bundt Cake
- Make your cake batter: Mix your wet ingredients then add to your dry mixture. Fold in 90% of your blueberries.
- Add to the bundt pan: Grease a bundt pan and pour in the batter and top with the remainder of your blueberries.
- Bake: Place your bundt pan in the oven at 350 degrees for 40-45 mins.
- Allow to cool, serve and enjoy!
Can I use frozen blueberries?
Absolutely. If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw them before adding them to the cake. Frozen berries can change the color of the batter. Your cake color could look a bit different BUT will still taste delicious.
Can I use other berries to make this cake?
Yes, I have used other berries for this bundt cake like raspberries, cranberries, blackberries or strawberries are all so delicious. If you have access to fresh berries, the flavors are wonderful.
Storing Blueberry Cake
This cake may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Individual slices may be frozen as well.
I wanted a Blueberry Sour Cream Bundt Cake and this is what I chose. This is a wonderfully light and fluffy cake with lemon zest and a sour cream lemon glaze.
It turned out perfect! That glaze is amazing and the cake is so light and fluffy!
Look at how moist and beautiful that cake is!
Try not to eat the second slice, I dare you! LOL!!
Sour Cream Lemon Glaze
The sour cream lemon glaze makes the cake really delicious, plus it adds the lemon flavor which is out of this world. Tips to ensure that your lemon glaze is thick and not runny:
- Use slightly softened butter, not melted butter. The butter should still be able to retain its shape. It should almost be on the firm side but soft enough for you to whisk it using the electrical mixer.
- Use an electrical mixer and whisk powdered sugar, lemon juice, and butter until very thick and very white.
- To make sure that the glaze is thick enough, place the bowl with the glaze in the freezer for about 15 minutes to make it firmer.
- Make sure the cake is completely cooled off before applying the glaze. If the cake is warm, the glaze will melt right off the cake.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK
AND PIN IT!
Please enjoy my video!
More Cakes That You Will Love
Pineapple Bundt Poke Cake is a flavorful and moist cake. Pineapple fans will go crazy for this cake!
Nettie is a wife and mother who is passionate about cooking and baking… especially when easy meals are involved! With 5 children, Nettie insists that all meals, snacks, and desserts come together quickly! You will find a wide variety of easy yet scrumptious recipes on her trendy website Moore or Less Cooking
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | BLOGLOVIN |INSTAGRAM|
Incredibly moist and delicious Best Blueberry Bundt Cake! That glaze is over the top amazing!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks) – room temperature
- 3 large eggs – room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk (scant 1 cup of milk with 1 tablespoon vinegar)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries – mixed with 1 tablespoon of flour.
- *This will keep the berries from sinking to the bottom of pan while baking.
- *Frozen berries can also be used.
- Sour Cream Icing:
- 4 tablespoons butter – softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 2/4 cups confectioners sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Butter and flour a 10-cup bundt pan.
Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together.
With an electric mixer, beat together sugar and butter until fluffy.
Continue beating, adding eggs, one at a time.
Add vanilla and zest, and mix well.
Gradually add in dry ingredients alternating with buttermilk, ending with flour mixture.
Turn off the mixer and gently fold in blueberries.
Pour batter into a bundt pan.
Bake until a cake tester or wooden skewer comes out clean about 50 minutes to an hour.
Cool cake on a rack for 15 minutes.
Turn the cake onto a cake plate and cool completely before frosting.
Sour Cream Icing:
Using a hand mixer, cream butter, sour cream, vanilla, and lemon juice until smooth.
Gradually add confectioners sugar.
Add salt and mix until smooth.
Pour icing around the top of the cake allowing it to run down the sides.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 524Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 94mgSodium 436mgCarbohydrates 83gFiber 2gSugar 56gProtein 6g