Creamy Mac and Cheese with a hint of beer and bites of bacon is one of our favorites for a family dinner, especially during Oktoberfest!Today, we are celebrating Oktoberfest with our Sunday Supper tastemakers.When I think of Oktoberfest, I think of BEER! So, I thought I would make my Beer Mac and Cheese with lots of flavorful cheese, crispy bacon and of course beer!
Oktoberfest is the longest running beer and traveling fair held annually in Germany. This popular festival is celebrated worldwide with German-inspired food, activities and lots of beer. This folk festival runs for about 18 days from September to October. The celebrations have been going strong for 206 years, starting in 1810. Oktoberfest is a very important part of Bavarian culture.
So I thought I would make my Beer Mac and Cheese with lots of cheese, bacon and of course beer!A bowl full of creamy, cheesy, bacon Pasta!! This got gobbled up so quickly!!I used an IPA Pale Beer in this recipe, it was the only beer left in my refrigerator after the last party! It is sweet and tangy and so flavorful!Add chopped bacon to the cheesy sauce.
Bacon and Cheese! My favorite!!
Creamy Mac and Cheese with a hint of beer and bites of bacon is one of our favorites for a family dinner, especially during Oktoberfest!
- 13.25 oz Low Carb Rotini Pasta
- 4 slices crispy bacon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup IPA pale beer
- 1 1/2 cups Sharp Cheddar and Chipotle Cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bake bacon in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes on a parchment lined baking sheet. Cook pasta al dente, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain pasta and pour back into large pot.
- In a separate saucepan, add beer, egg and sour cream, beat until well combined. Heat on medium heat then add butter. Stir until the butter is melted.
- add cheese, 1/4 cup at a time. Stir until cheese has melted before adding more.
- Add the spices and chopped bacon, stir. Pour over pasta and stir to combine.
Check out all of the delicious recipes for Oktoberfest!
- German Pancake Soup (Flädlesuppe) by Caroline’s Cooking
- German Potato Pancakes by The Crumby Cupcake
- Homemade Pretzels with Kids by Hardly A Goddess
- Kräuterbutter (German Herb Butter) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Latke and Sauerbraten Poutine by Monica’s Table
- Obatzda – Bavarian Cheese Spread by Sunday Supper Movement
- Warsteiner Fondue by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Kaiserschmarrn Recipe by Plated Cravings
- Nana’s Gluten Free German Chocolate Cake by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Rote Grütze (Fruit Pudding) by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Main Dish (Hauptgericht)
- Bavarian Sausage & Cabbage Soup by Food Done Light
- Beef Goulash Recipe by Positively Stacey
- Beer Mac and Cheese by Moore or Less Cooking
- Berlin Potato Soup by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Bierocks by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Bratwurst Sheet Pan Dinner by A Mind Full Mom
- Burgers with Bacon-Sauerkraut Jam by Palatable Pastime
- How to Make Traditional German Sauerbraten by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Oktoberfest Beer Brats by Wholistic Woman
- Oktoberfest Chicken Chili by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Oktoberfest Fondue 3 Ways by Momma’s Meals
- Pork chops with Sauerkraut and Apples by Brunch-n-Bites
- Roasted Apple & Beer Chili For Oktoberfest by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Sausage, Pepper, and Onion Kebobs w/ a Boiled Cider Drizzle by The Freshman Cook
- Schwenkbraten (Grilled German Pork Chops) by Curious Cuisiniere
Side Dish (Beigabe)
- Fried Potatoes German Style by My Life as a Cookbook
- German Potato Salad by Tramplingrose
- Ginger Beer Sauerkraut by Cricket’s Confections
- Herbed Spaetzle by The Hungry Goddess
- Krautsalat (German Coleslaw) by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Oktoberfest Potatoes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Special thanks to our Event host: Cricket of Cricket’s Confections