The BEST creamy and flavorful Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese. A favorite family favorite meal or side dish.
This is the best mac and cheese recipe! The best part is that you don’t have to cook it all day. The bad part is that it disappears quickly, next time I am doubling the recipe! This will be the star of all side dishes if you choose to make it for the holidays, it will impress everyone!
Look at how creamy and cheesy this mac and cheese is!
Ingredients that you will need for this recipe:
- Package of Large Shells Pasta
- Half and half or cream
- Whole Milk
- Cream Cheese
- Cabot Colby Jack Cheese
- Cabot Mac and Cheese shredded cheese
- My favorite 6 Quart Slow Cooker
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION HERE
My kids and hubs all went back for seconds, this is the best mac and cheese, so creamy and flavorful. It’s my first time making mac and cheese in the slow cooker and I am hooked! I just love my friend Donna’s (Slow Roasted Italian) cookbook, The Simple Kitchen: Quick and Easy Recipes Bursting With Flavor. I have tried numerous recipes from her cookbook and they have all been so delicious. I love that you can just set your slow cooker and let it do all of the work. This is a great recipe when you don’t want to turn your oven or stove on, keeps your kitchen cool and your family happy! Comfort food at it’s best!
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK
AND PIN IT!
Pour pasta into the 6 Quart Slow Cooker.
I love Large Shell Pasta for my Mac and Cheese Recipe.
Add Butter to pasta in the slow cooker.
Add cream cheese.
Add cayenne pepper.
Add Half and half.
Mix all of the ingredients up and make sure everything is covered with liquid.
Set timer for two hours on low.
Add Cabot Shredded Cheese (Mac and Cheese)
Stir the pasta and cheese until all of the cheese is melted and pasta is covered, serve while hot.
Everyone goes back for seconds with this recipe!
So creamy and delicious!
Makes a fantastic side dish for any meal!
ENJOY MY NEWEST VIDEO!!
The Best Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese! So creamy and delicious!
- 1 pound Big Shells Pasta, uncooked
- 4 tablespoons butter, sliced into 1-tbsp pieces
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1-oz pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 cups shredded Cabot Mac and Cheese cheese
- 1 cup Cabot shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Pour the uncooked pasta onto the bottom of your slow cooker.
- I use my 6-quart for this recipe.
- Scatter the butter and cream cheese pieces over the pasta.
- Sprinkle the salt and cayenne pepper over the top and pour the milk and half and half into the slow cooker. Stir to combine everything and smooth the pasta into one even layer coated in sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 to 2 hours, until the pasta is chewy (not crunchy, but very al dente).
- The cook time will vary if you use a different pasta, so start with 1 hour and adjust from there.
- Stir once halfway through the cook time and be sure to smooth the pasta into one layer so it is well coated with the sauce.
- Once the pasta is ready, sprinkle on the Cabot Mac and Cheese cheddar and Cabot Jack cheeses and stir to combine.
- The cheese will melt into the sauce will create a very creamy cheese sauce.
- Cover the mac and cheese and cook for 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and it comes together. Stir before serving.
*** Note ***: If you are wanting to keep your slow cooker on warm, you can always add more milk and stir to keep the mac and cheese creamy and hot.
Recipe inspired by The Slow Roasted Italian VISIT HER HERE<—–
This post is sponsored by Cabot Creamery and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and Moore or Less Cooking Blog will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us to keep creating new recipes.
Let us know if you try making this Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese! Use #Mooreorlesscooking.com when you share your photos on social media. Tell us what you think!
Nettie is a wife and mother who is passionate about cooking and baking… especially when easy meals are involved! With 5 children, Nettie insists that all meals, snacks, and desserts come together quickly! You will find a wide variety of easy yet scrumptious recipes on her very popular website Moore or Less Cooking
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | PINTEREST | BLOGLOVIN |INSTAGRAM|