|Bake in oven until cake is brown and blueberries are bubbly, about 20 minutes.|
- My Recipe has been featured in Taste Of Home Magazine!!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
If you love Pineapple Upside Down Cake, you will love this! Featured in Taste Of Home Magazine!
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Melt 4 Tbsp butter in an ovenproof skillet ( or an 8-9 inch cake pan). I used and old fashioned black iron skillet.
- Stir in brown sugar and continue to stir over low heat until it dissolves.
- Remove from the heat and add orange juice.
- Layer one cup of blueberries on top, then add the almonds on top of the blueberries.
- Set aside.
- In another pot, melt the remaining 8 tbsp of butter.
- Remove from the heat and stir in milk and egg, beating well.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and granulated sugar.
- Add the milk-egg mixture and beat until smooth, add 1/2 tsp almond extract.
- Pour cake batter over blueberries and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center of the cake.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn over on to a plate, berries side up. Serve with whipped cream if you wish.