|Place on baking sheet to prevent dripping in the oven. Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.|
|This is an easy recipe that is moist and delicious. The cranberries are full of flavor and the clementines add the perfect zest in addition to the almonds crunchiness, great combination.|
A delicious moist quick bread made with perfectly plump cranberries.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup clementine juice ( about four clementines)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated clementine peel
- 1 egg well beaten
- 1 ½ cups cranberries
- ½ cup sliced dry toasted unsalted almonds
- Ingredients for glaze:
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 3-4 teaspoons clementine juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Stir in juice, oil, clementine peel and beaten egg.
- Mix until blended.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely.
- Drizzle glaze over bread.
- Makes one loaf.
- Method for Glaze:
- Add juice 1 teaspoon at a time to sugar until a glaze consistency appears.