The most flavorful creamy cheesy mac and cheese filled with a spinach and basil sauce!This is my newest favorite mac and cheese! Since I love mac and cheese so much and have switched over to low carb eating, I added a creamy spinach and basil sauce with lots of sharp cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese with a low carb pasta!
What you will need to make this recipe: Baby Spinach, Fresh Parsley, Fresh Basil, Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese, garlic, heavy cream, milk, coconut or soy flour, Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Dreamfield’s Low Carb Penne Rigate Pasta, salt and pepper.The most creamiest flavorful mac and cheese kicked up with spinach and herbs!!Freshly picked spinach, parsley, and basil from my garden.Combine spinach, parsley, and basil in a food processor. Add parmesan and garlic, puree until chunky.Add milk and puree until smooth.Make a bechamel sauce.Add milk and heavy cream.Add cooked pasta.Add Green Goddess sauce.Pour into a 9″ x 13″ baking dish.Top with remaining shredded cheese.Broil until golden brown and bubbly. About 6 minutes.Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.Look at all of that cheesy spinach and basil sauce!!This mac and cheese reheats really well. I ate it for lunch for 2 days and I am sad that it is all eaten! Can’t wait to make another batch. My son was visiting from college and I heated up a bowl for him, he couldn’t believe how delicious it is and asked for a to-go container to bring back to school!Pin It:
Green Goddess Mac and Cheese #SundaySupper
The most flavorful creamy cheesy mac and cheese filled with a spinach and basil sauce!
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 cup basil
- 5 ounces freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup coconut flour or soy flour
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 pound Low Carb Penne Rigate pasta, cooked al dente
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a food processor, combine basil, spinach, parsley, parmesan and garlic until pureed and chunky.
- Add 1/2 cup of milk.
- Puree until smooth.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add flour and cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining milk and heavy cream. Stir until thickens, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in half of cheddar cheese, salt and pepper and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Add pasta to cheese sauce. Stir to coat pasta.
- Add spinach sauce. Stir to coat pasta completely.
- Pour into a prepared 9x13" baking pan ( sprayed with Pam)
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Place in oven , broil for 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let set for 10 minutes before serving.
Follow Moore or Less Cooking: FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | PINTEREST | BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM| BLOG
Sunday Supper Tastemakers are celebrating World Vegetarian Day on October 1st. We are sharing our best vegetable recipes with you! I know that you will find something on this list that will satisfy you whether you are a lover of veggies, a vegetarian, or a carnivore!
- Goat Cheese and Red Onion Quesadilla by The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Green Tomato and Mozzarella Salad by Monica’s Table
- Italian Lupini Beans by She Loves Biscotti
- Marinated Olives by Cricket’s Confections
- Orange Ginger Carrot Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Orange Beet Cake by Baking Sense
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Make Your Children Eat Their Vegetables…in a Cupcake! by The Ninja Baker
- Zucchini Blueberry Coffee Cake by Pies and Plots
- Baked Eggplant Parmigiana by Powered By BLING
- Burrito Stuffed Peppers by Shockingly Delicious
- Butternut Squash Chili with Beans by The Chef Next Door
- Butternut Squash Zoodles with Fried Sage Sauce by Home Sweet Homestead
- Caprese Stuffed Roasted Eggplant by Sunday Supper Movement
- Cheesy Cauliflower Cake by Food Lust People Love
- Chipotle Tofu Tacos with Plantain by Caroline’s Cooking
- Glazed Carrot and Quinoa Salad with Crispy Chickpeas by Helpful Homemade
- Green Goddess Mac and Cheese by Moore or Less Cooking
- Mujaddara by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Penne-Wise Pumpkin Pasta by Wholistic Woman
- Pumpkin Gnocchi and Spinach with Sage Brown Butter Sauce by The Redhead Baker
- Radical Reuben Sandwich by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Delicata Squash Fries with Sriracha Aioli by The Hungry Goddess
- Roasted Vegetable Casserole by A Mind “Full”Mom
- Tomato & Feta Crustless Quiche by The Crumby Cupcake
- Spicy Tofu and Rice Stir Fry by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Strawberry Soba Noodle Salad by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Tomato Vegetable Casserole by Beauty and the Beets
- Vegetarian Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Veggie Pasta Alfredo by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Veggie Riggies: A Rigatoni Sauté by Hardly A Goddess
- Caramelized Onions and Cauliflower by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cauliflower Tabbouleh with Chickpeas by Simple and Savory
- Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Rice by My Life Cookbook
- Locro de Papa (Ecuadorian Potato Soup) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Restaurant Style Mexican Rice by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- South African Yellow Rice by What Smells So Good?
- Spiralized Sweet Potato and Apple Sauté with Dates by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Turmeric Hummus Casserole by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Vegan Creamy Butternut Squash Soup with Spinach by Cooking Chat
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Friday 4th of October 2019
Is every comment from somebody that has actually not eaten this recipe yet??? Mine is about to come out of the oven, And honestly it smells like an Avacado pasta recipe of mine. You can go to ohsheglows.com for an avacado pasta that is AMAZINGGGGG. I expect this to be similar!!! Thank you doll.
Saturday 15th of October 2016
I am making this right now for my dinner for my vegetarian sister tonight- this is a perfect meal for all of us, and it is so pretty too- I am making it ahead of time and then going to re-heat it first, covered, then I will broil it for the last minutes. I hope this won't change the great results that you had! I will let you know~
Sunday 16th of October 2016
Hi Barrie, I'm sure she loved it! Thanks for letting me know! Nettie
Lauren @ Sew You Think You Can Cook
Sunday 2nd of October 2016
Sounds super flavorful! You know, I've never had green goddess dressing before, but it sounds great!
Monday 26th of September 2016
What a wonderful way to dress up Mac & Cheese! Pesto has to be one of the best things ever and this recipe is genius. Thanks for sharing!
Monday 26th of September 2016
This looks sooooo good!!!! I love that you are using coconut flour. I'm definitely going to try this.