I am a blueberry addict! Living in Maine, there are blueberries everywhere and I am ready to pick them anytime! Lemon and blueberries go so well together, the sweet and tart combination is out of this world! Since summer is almost here, I am loving the quick and delicious recipes. I want to spend more time outside in the sun than in my kitchen. This quick bread is amazing, made with yogurt, it is moist and delicious. I wish that I had baked two loaves because this one disappeared quickly. You will love the smell of this bread baking in the oven, it is heavenly!!
Use a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Top with more blueberries!
Lemony Blueberry Bread! Smells amazing!
Oh that glaze!!
This is a moist, delicious quick bread that will disappear quickly, you will want to make two loaves, it is that good!
- For BREAD:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream or yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- For glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixer in a medium size bowl until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla, sour cream, lemon juice and zest.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet.Fold in 3/4 of the blueberries into the batter.
- Turn the batter into a greased 9×5-inch loaf pan and sprinkle the remainder of the blueberries on top of the batter.
- Bake for about 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for about 10 minutes, then remove from pan and place on cooling rack to cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- Mix confectioners sugar, cream and lemon extract in a small bowl. Drizzle over cool loaf and let glaze set before slicing.
- Cooking Tips:
- Extra lemon zest can be added to the glaze for added lemon flavor.
- Water can be used in place of heavy cream or milk to make the glaze.
Recipe from Cooking With Sugar
WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE MORE BLUEBERRY RECIPES??