I love Valentine’s Day! I think I love baking for Valentine’s Day more than the actual Valentine’s Day. I wanted to bake cookies, but thought brownies would be a lot easier to cut out since you cut the hearts out after you bake the brownies.
I have made heart shaped brownies with a chocolate icing. My kids think I should have my own bakery, I do, it’s called Nettie’s bakery, just for friends and family!
Bake the brownies first, then cut out brownies with a heart shaped cookie cutter. Decorate with your Valentine colors: red, pink or/and white. Share with the one’s you love! Happy Valentine’s Day! From Nettie’s Bakery!
This is the best brownie recipe! Use a cookie cutter to cut out the brownies, decorate as you wish. Happy Valentine's Day!
- Ingredients for The Easiest Best Brownies Ever:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Ingredients for Icing/Frosting:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 – 3 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch salt
- chopped pecans (about 1/4 cup, optional)
- Makes a 9″x9″ pan of brownies.
- For best results, eggs should be at room temperature.
- Melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Add melted butter to sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Add two eggs and mix until smooth.
- Then add baking powder, salt and cocoa powder.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add flour to mixture and, again, combine thoroughly.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Preheat oven to 350(F).
- Prepare baking pan with non-stick foil or wax paper.
- Pour batter into pan and spread.
- Place baking pan and batter in the freezer for about ten minutes.
- Then, bake for 20-25 minutes at 350(F).
- Melt butter and stir in cocoa powder until smooth.
- Stir in two tablespoons milk or cream.
- Mixture should be creamy-smooth.
- Run whisk through powdered sugar to remove any large clumps or lumps.
- Add chocolate mixture to powdered sugar and mix well.
- Stir until mixture is smooth.
- Add vanilla and pinch of salt.
- Add another tablespoon of milk if needed for consistency.
- Frosting should be smooth and silky.
- To prepare brownies with icing, spread the icing on the brownies while the brownies are still slightly warm.
- This will melt the topping, magically turning it into icing!
- I dipped the brownies into the icing and let it cover the entire brownie.
- Before the icing sets up, sprinkle pecan pieces (or any chopped nut or candy) on top.
- I sprinkled tiny red balls and white iridescent candies over the brownies.
- Allow to rest and cut into bite sized pieces.
- You can also use cookie cutters to cut the brownies into fun shapes ( I used a heart shaped cookie cutter to make the Valentine Brownies).
- To prepare brownies with frosting, wait until the brownies have cooled to room temperature before frosting.
- Sprinkle with nuts or candies, if desired.
Recipe adapted from Average Betty.com