When we lived in New Jersey, our dear friend and neighbor would make us Corn Souffle for Christmas Eve. I have been looking for her recipe for years and finally found it. It’s also called Sweet Corn Spoonbread in the south. Being from the west coast, I just know that it tastes amazing!
If you love cornbread, you are going to go bonkers over this Easy Sweet Corn Spoonbread! I made it for Christmas Eve supper and when I tasted it, I wanted it all to myself! Too bad my family smelled it and they all wanted to know what I was cooking. It was gone in a matter of minutes! I heard a lot of “mmmmmmm so delicious Mom”! It’s super easy to make and it is now my favorite side dish. Although I could eat it just as my main meal! It’s like a corn souffle but so much better!
Here’s What You Will Need for this recipe: Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, Cream Style Corn, Whole Kernel Corn, Butter, Sour Cream, Eggs, Salt.
Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
Pour the mixture into a greased 2 Quart Casserole Dish.
Bake until the spoonbread no longer jiggles.
I’m telling you this is so delicious! You are going to love it!
- 1 (8.5-ounce) package JIFFY Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 (14.75-ounce) can cream style corn
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375° and grease a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole dish.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until the spoonbread is set and not jiggly.
Recipe from Southern Bite