This is such a delicious dessert, perfect plain or if you would like to add fruit, even better!
- 1 cup - packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup - (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 4 - eggs
- 1 teaspoon - vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups - all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon - baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon - salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add to sugar mixture.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake one hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and turn out on rack to cool completely.
- Top with whipped cream and fruit if you like.
- Recipe adapted from Domino Sugar
Amount Per Serving Calories 285 Total Fat 17g Saturated Fat 10g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 103mg Sodium 214mg Carbohydrates 29g Fiber 0g Sugar 15g Protein 4g