This is such a delicious dessert, perfect plain or if you would like to add fruit, even better!
- 1 cup - packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup - (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 4 - eggs
- 1 teaspoon - vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups - all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon - baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon - salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add to sugar mixture.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake one hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and turn out on rack to cool completely.
- Top with whipped cream and fruit if you like.
- Recipe adapted from Domino Sugar
Amount Per Serving Calories 285Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 103mgSodium 214mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 0gSugar 15gProtein 4g