What do you do when a friend gives you a big container of freshly picked blackberries, sweet gorgeous wonderful blackberries!?
Well….I MAKE cheesecake, Blackberry Cheesecake. Creamy, dreamy blackberry cheesecake with a nutty cookie crust!
Make sure to get lots of berries on each piece!
This cheesecake is wonderful! We had friends visiting and I offered them a piece of cheesecake after our wonderful meal at the Lobster Pound. They asked if they could have seconds! They asked if they could have a slice for breakfast! I actually gave them the rest of the cheesecake to take home, they remembered that I had said that before our wine tasting outing and when we returned home, they said, “Oh we don’t want to forget our cheesecake!” Best review ever!
- 1 box Vanilla Wafers
- ½ cup Pecans
- ½ Cup Butter, Melted
- 1½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 packages 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1½ cup Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 2 cups Blackberries
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place vanilla wafers and pecans into the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until mixture becomes crumbs.
- Add melted butter and vanilla and pulse again until combined.
- Pour into a 10-inch springform pan and press crumbs into the bottom of the pan.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add sour cream and mix again.
- Pour mixture into crust, smooth the top, and bake for 1 hour, 10 minutes.
- Turn off oven and open door and allow to sit in the oven with the door opened for 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- For the topping, add blackberries, sugar, and water to a saucepan or skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour blackberries over the cheesecake and place pan into the fridge to cool and set for at least 2 hours---4-5 l hours is better.
- When ready to serve, remove rim around pan and slice into 16 pieces with a long serrated knife.
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman