Tender, moist, golden cake with an inner swirl of cherries and almonds, topped with a vanilla glaze.
Cherry Almond Coffee Cake is a cake that you will make over and over again, it’s just that wonderful. There are a few steps in this recipe, but trust me, you will love the end reult.
Hopefully, this delicious Cherry Almond Coffee Cake makes you hungry! As I write this blog post, I’m longing for a slice with a cup of coffee on this below freezing cold morning, but unfortunately, it disappeared quickly over the holidays.
Please remember to share on Facebook and save this post to Pinterest.
That is the story of coffee cakes, they are always a hit. So make one soon!
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION HERE
This coffee cake is absolutely the best served freshly baked from the oven. If you are serving it the next day, just pop it in the microwave to warm up a slice.
Blend together cherries, almonds
Meanwhile, mix together egg whites and sugar. Stir into cooled cherry mixture.
Divide dough into two equal pieces and dust each with flour. Roll out (one at a time) to make an 18-inch circle. Pour half of the cherry filling onto the dough and spread out over the dough and roll up jelly-roll fashion.
Place on stove top and let rise for 30 minutes while preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
Bake for 45 minutes.
Cool in pan for 15 minutes and then invert to a cake plate. Drizzle with a cream cheese or vanilla glaze.
More coffee cakes that you will love:
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #mooreorlesscooking so I can see all the wonderful recipes that YOU make from this site!
Nettie is a wife and mother who is passionate about cooking and baking… especially when easy meals are involved! With 5 children, Nettie insists that all meals, snacks, and desserts come together quickly! You will find a wide variety of easy yet scrumptious recipes on her very popular website Moore orLessCooking.
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | PINTEREST | BLOGLOVIN |INSTAGRAM|
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup milk
- 2 packages dry yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
- 3 eggs, separated, reserve the egg whites
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 10 ounces frozen dark sweet cherries, thawed and chopped
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 egg whites
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- Heat butter and milk over low on stove top until butter has melted. Cool to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water and beat in the egg yolk. Blend in the cooled milk mixture.
- Sift in the flour, salt and sugar. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, blend together cherries, almonds and milk in a small sauce pan over medium low heat. Stir on stove top until thickened. Remove from heat and cool.
- Meanwhile, mix together egg whites and sugar. Stir into cooled cherry mixture.
- Divide dough into two equal pieces and dust each with flour. Roll out (one at a time) to make an 18-inch circle. Pour half of the cherry filling onto the dough and spread out over the dough and roll up jelly-roll fashion.
- Carefully place into a bundt pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Repeat with the second half and carefully place that half on the other side of the pan, overlapping the first half.
- Place on stove top and let rise for 30 minutes while preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes and then invert to a cake plate.
- Drizzle with a cream cheese or vanilla glaze.
Serve fresh for best results or reheat slices in microwave for 30 seconds prior to serving to retain moistness.
Makes 8-10 servings.
Amount Per Serving Calories 457 Total Fat 23g Saturated Fat 11g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 89mg Sodium 268mg Carbohydrates 56g Fiber 2g Sugar 33g Protein 9g