A very popular Pineapple Casserole with only 5 ingredients needed. It’s all you need to make this wonderful light and fluffy pineapple baked casserole!
This delectable casserole is a friend and family favorite and once you try it you will understand exactly why. If you haven’t tried my easy pineapple casserole recipe before, I think it will be your family favorite, it is the best! It just takes ten minutes to prep this recipe and is always a hit. Serve it at the next family gathering and watch it disappear. This recipe comes from our friend Shirley. It’s always the first casserole to be eaten.
HOW DO YOU MAKE PINEAPPLE CASSEROLE?
Combine the undrained pineapple with salt, sugar, and flour.
Stir in the beaten eggs.
Toss bread cubes with the melted butter; fold into the pineapple mixture.
Pour the pineapple mixture into the prepared casserole dish and bake in the preheated oven at 350 F for 40 to 50 minutes, or until set.
CAN I USE FRESH PINEAPPLE IN THIS RECIPE?
Using canned pineapple works best for this recipe.
- Use pineapple in the juice, NOT with syrup. The syrup will make it too sweet.
- Use good bread. I’ve always made this recipe with a French Baguette or Italian Loaf Bread. If you try this with Sandwich bread I expect it’d be a lot more runny and mushy. Mine has never been soggy, and reheats really well.
What is A Baked Pineapple Casserole?
Baked Pineapple, or as some call it, Pineapple Stuffing, is a very simple to make casserole that bakes in the oven and is the perfect side dish for your turkey, roast beef, or holiday ham. It’s a great combo of buttery and sweet, Pineapple Casserole is made with crushed pineapple for a very pineapple flavor not commonly found in most Baked Pineapple recipes.
Nettie is a wife and mother who is passionate about cooking and baking. With 5 children, Nettie insists that all meals, snacks, and desserts come together quickly! You will find a wide variety of easy yet scrumptious recipes on her very popular website Moore or Less Cooking
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #mooreorlesscooking so I can see all the wonderful recipes that YOU make from this site! Check out my YOUTUBE with a free email subscription HERE
Follow Mooreorlesscooking on TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN
Easy and delicious Pineapple Casserole. 5 ingredients are all you need to make this wonderful light and fluffy pineapple baked casserole!
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) pineapple (crushed, in juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 cups bread (fresh, cubed)
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Butter a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Combine the undrained pineapple with salt, sugar, and flour. Stir in the beaten eggs.
- Toss bread cubes with the melted butter; fold into the pineapple mixture.
- Pour the pineapple mixture into the prepared casserole dish and bake in the preheated 350 F for 40 to 50 minutes, or until set.
Amount Per Serving Calories 126Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 62mgSodium 184mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 0gSugar 9gProtein 2g
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Moore or Less Cooking!