It is soup weather here in Maine, and what is a better accompaniment than cornbread? Honey Cornbread muffins in fact. Served hot with butter and honey! These are delicious, not too sweet and moist. This recipe makes 18 delicious muffins. I find that my kids tend to grab them for a snack much easier than cutting a slice of cornbread.
[yumprint-recipe id=’2′]Linked up: The Weekend Social
Not too sweet, perfectly moist, made as individual muffins, a delicious side and easy to grab snack.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, melted butter, vanilla and honey until well blended.Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir until just blended.
- Pour batter into greased or lined muffin pan.
- Filling 1/2 full.
- Bake 13-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes 18 muffins.
Amount Per Serving Calories 2368Total Fat 64gSaturated Fat 36gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 513mgSodium 2652mgCarbohydrates 410gFiber 10gSugar 185gProtein 45g
The links in this post contain affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link.