I had a cold for weeks and then my daughter caught it. We have really just been craving home-made soup.
Since I saved the Turkey bones from Thanksgiving, I thought a big pot of Turkey, Veggies and Rice soup would hit the spot and help those sore throats feel better! There are a few steps, but in the end you will be so happy to have a big bowl of hot Turkey and Rice Soup!
This is an easy soup to make, there are some steps, but in the end you will have a big pot of delicious home- made soup! Nothing better than a bowl of hot soup with some Honey Cornbread Muffins!
- 1 Turkey Carcass with some meat still on it
- 1 onion, sliced ( for broth)
- 3 carrots, chopped into chunks
- 2 potatoes chopped into chunks
- 5 mini Portobella Mushrooms, chopped into chunks
- 1 onion ,diced
- 2 1/2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 TBsp Olive Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place turkey carcass and sliced onion in large soup pot, cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, lower heat, let simmer for a couple of hours, until all turkey has fallen off the bones.
- Drain turkey and broth in a colander with bowl or pot underneath to catch broth. Let turkey cool, remove bones, use fingers if not hot.
- In a sauce pan, add Olive Oil, over medium heat, add onions, carrots and mushrooms, saute until veggies are soft.
- Take drained broth and vegetables and turkey and simmer on medium heat until potatoes are tender, add rice, serve hot. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Linked up at these parties: