Everyone that tried the Sausage and Egg Bake made sure to tell me how delicious it was. I doubled the recipe, let it refrigerate over night and then popped it in the oven so it would be warm when serving to guests.
- Butter, for greasing your pan.
- 1/2 loaf of French Bread
- 1 pound fresh bulk pork sausage with sage
- 10 ounces sharp Cheddar, grated
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Cut the bread into 1-inch cubes and spread in the bottom of a greased 9- by 13- by 2- inch casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place Parchment paper or foil over a baking sheet, place sausages on top of foil.
- Bake sausages in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until brown and no longer pink.
- After sausages have cooled for a couple minutes, place sausages on cutting board and cut up into little chunks.
- Spread the cooked sausage over the bread and top with the cheese.
- Then stir together the, milk, dry mustard, salt and eggs.
- Pour this mixture over the cheese.
- Cover the casserole with aluminum foil and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake the covered casserole until set and slightly golden, about 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the casserole to set for 15 minutes before serving.