This is my Grandma’s recipe and always a favorite when she would make it. It just says comfort food to me! Ingredients include ground beef, creamed corn, olives, tomato sauce and corn meal which creates a delicious tamale casserole pie. Bake it for an hour and serve with tortillas and a salad for a perfect meal.
Hubs thought it was so delicious and said that I should make it all of the time!! I think that is a great review!
Yield: 8 servings
Quick Tamale Pie Casserole
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Easy and Quick Tamale Pie Casserole.
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can creamed corn
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup corn meal
- 1 can black olives, drained
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large saute pan on medium heat, add olive oil, then garlic, cook until lightly browned.
- Add 2 chopped onions. Cook until translucent.
- Add green pepper, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add ground beef, cook until browned. Drain fat.
- Add creamed corn, tomato sauce and olives. Stir until blended.
- Add corn meal and salt. Mix until blended.
- Lightly spray a casserole dish with Pam Cooking Spray.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Serve with tortillas and a tossed salad.
Saturday 9th of January 2016
I want a slice now!
Tuesday 12th of January 2016
Thank you Kirk! It was popular and disappeared quickly! Nettie
Monday 11th of January 2016
Thanks Kirk! Me too! Nettie