Birthday requests are happening at the Moore’s! Strawberry shortcake seems to be the popular one this month. So I have an easy recipe to share with you. You only need a few ingredients that you will probably find in your pantry. You can have this recipe ready in under a half hour. If you don’t have the time or feel like making fresh whipped cream, you can always use store bought. This shortcake is more like a biscuit, tender and mildly sweet, covered in juicy sweet strawberries and fresh whipped cream. A light dessert, perfect after any meal!
Perfectly sweet and juicy strawberries on a biscuit like shortcake, covered in light and fluffy whipped cream.
Here’s what you will need for your delicious strawberry shortcake. Strawberries, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, lemon, and heavy cream.
Wash the strawberries in cool water, hull the stems and slice the strawberries. Place in a bowl, cover with some sugar. Stir and place in refrigerator for about 20 minutes, the juices will come out, perfect for your strawberry shortcake.
Sprinkle sugar on top of strawberries
Easy no knead Biscuit shortcake dough.
Pat down dough in a non stick pie pan
Bake until golden brown.
Fluffy and moist shortcake.
Juicy Strawberries marinating in the refrigerator
Slice shortcake horizontally and place strawberries on the bottom part of shortcake, add a spoonful of whipped cream, place top of shortcake over whipped cream, place another spoonful on top of shortcake.
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPE:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon
- Mix strawberries with 3 tablespoons sugar and refrigerate while juices develop, at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Add heavy cream and mix until just combined. Place mixture in a non stick pie pan or un-greased 8-inch square pan and bake until golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Place a metal bowl and beaters in the freezer during shortcake cooking time.
- Remove shortcake from pan and place on a rack to cool slightly. Cut into 6 pieces and split each piece in half horizontally.
- Mix all whipped cream ingredients in the metal bowl with metal beaters about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Spoon some of the strawberries with their juice onto each shortcake bottom. Top with a generous dollop of whipped cream and then the shortcake top. Spoon more strawberries over the top and serve.
Serves 6 This shortcake is more like a biscuit, tender and mildly sweet, covered in juicy sweet strawberries and fresh whipped cream. A light dessert, perfect after any meal!
This shortcake is more like a biscuit, tender and mildly sweet, covered in juicy sweet strawberries and fresh whipped cream. A light dessert, perfect after any meal!
Linked up to these parties: