Having traveled to Greece and worked in a Mediterranean Restaurant, I have my favorite Greek Dishes. Tiropitas or Greek Cheese Triangles being on the top of the list. I could eat a dozen of these. They are so easy to make and look so impressive! Perfect for Easter or as an appetizer. Only 4 ingredients are needed for this delectable appetizer!
I have joined up with some fabulous bloggers to share their favorite Greek recipes in honor of the opening of the movie, ” My Big Fat Greek Wedding”. I hope this inspires you to indulge in some delicious Greek Fare!
Sprinkle flour on a large cutting board..Unroll one sheet of defrosted Puff Pastry. Cut into 9 even squares.
Mix Crumbled Feta and beaten egg until combined well.
Place a heaping teaspoon of cheese mixture in the middle of a piece of puff pastry.
Continue this with the next 8 pieces of Puff Pastry.
Carefully fold the square in half to make a triangle, gently seal the edges together. Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Place in refrigerator for one hour.
After one hour, remove unbaked Tiropita from the refrigerator, beat an egg, use a brush to coat the Tiropita with beaten egg, sprinkle Poppy Seeds or Sesame Seeds on Tiropita. Bake in oven until golden brown. Serve warm.
A simple but delicious Vegetarian Greek appetizer. Puff Pastry filled with Feta Cheese, baked until golden brown!
- 1 sheet of Puff Pastry
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 2 TBS Poppy seeds or Sesame Seeds
- In a mixing bowl, beat one of the eggs and add the crumbled feta. Stir well to combine.
- Place the cold Puff Pastry on a floured cutting board. Cut the dough into 9 squares. Spoon heaping tablespoon of the feta filling on to one hl of the square, leave a 1/2 inch border at the edge.
- Fold the dough over, making a triangle, press the edges to seal Repeat until all Tiropitas are made. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet, refrigerate for 1 hour, until cold and firm to the touch.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F, with a rack in the upper third of the oven. Beat the remaining egg and brush the tops of the Tiropita, then sprinkle poppy seeds.
- Bake until the dough is golden brown, about 15 minutes, keep a careful eye on them, they brown quickly.
- Covered at room temperature, Tiropitas will keep for 2 days. Do not refrigerate them. They reheat well in a 325 degrees oven for 5 minutes.
- Filled Tiropitas can be frozen before baking. Put them directly in a 425 degrees oven, don't thaw first.
- Greek Salad (Horiatiki Salata) by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Greek-Style Sliders with Feta Aioli by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Mushroom, Kalamata Olive and Feta Stuffed Phyllo with Whipped Feta Dip by Pook’s Pantry
- Rosemary and Olive Grissini by What Smells So Good?
- Socca Pizza with Spinach, Roasted Tomatoes, Kalamata Olives, and Feta by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Spanakopita Bites by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Tiropitas (Greek Cheese Triangles ) by Moore or Less Cooking
- Tyropita Appetizer Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Avgolemono Chicken Zoodle Soup by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Quick and Easy Greek Avgolemono Soup by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Shrimp Avgolemono with Spinach by Monica’s Table
- Vegetarian Magiritsa (Greek Easter Soup) by Palatable Pastime
- Baklava French Toast with Cinnamon Honey Syrup by A Mind Full Mom
Greek Main Dishes:
- Brizola (Greek-style Pork Chops) by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Greek Salad Flatbread by Family Foodie
- Greek Chirashi Sushi by NinjaBaker
- Greek Breakfast Wraps by Brunch-n-Bites
- Greek Meatball Salad by Magnolia Days
- Gyro Meatballs with Lemon Rice by Casa de Crews
- Kotopita (Greek Chicken Pie) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Mediterranean Meatball Gyros Sandwich by Life Tastes Good
- Slow-Cooked Lamb Shoulder with Roasted Vegetables by Food Lust People Love
- Souvlaki Chicken Wraps with Homemade Tzatziki by The Crumby Cupcake
- Youvetsi (Greek beef or lamb and orzo stew) by Caroline’s Cooking
Greek Side Dishes:
- Greek-style rice salad by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Greek Zucchini Fritters by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Homemade Tzatziki Sauce by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Spanakorizo by Feeding Big and More
- Chocolate Baklava by The Chef Next Door
- Greek Lemon Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Greek Spice Cake by Our Good Life
- Greek Walnut Cake by Pies and Plots
- Greek Wedding Cookies – Kourabiethes/Kourabiedes by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Loukoumades – Greek Donuts by The TipToe Fairy
- Loukoumades (Greek honey fritters) by The Redhead Baker
- Ouzito: The Greek Mojito by Hardly A Goddess
Plus Baked Shrimp with Feta plus More Greek Cuisine from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.